We have seasonal job openings for up to 12 Zoology Field Technicians to survey for mammals, amphibians, birds, reptiles, and invertebrates throughout Colorado.
Potential projects include:
- General inventory for rare animals in various locations throughout Colorado
- Inventory of rare animals on Colorado State Land Board Stewardship Trust Lands throughout Colorado
- Preble’s meadow jumping mouse monitoring in central Colorado
- Boreal toad survey and breeding site monitoring in the central mountains
- Amphibian surveys in the central and northern mountains
- Rare mammal surveys (including bats, shrews and other small mammals) in the central and northern mountains
These positions will require extensive travel and long days in the field. Be prepared to camp using your own equipment, although occasional nights in motels or
rented houses within project areas may also be provided. Dates for these positions will be approximately from May 1, 2012 through October 31,
2012 and will vary depending upon project.
First consideration of applicants will begin March 22, 2012. Applications will be accepted for future consideration through October 31, 2012. For more information on the position and how to apply, see the full announcement on our Employment and Volunteering page.