As part of a broader project to update the on-line Colorado Rare Plant Field Guide, we are looking for photographs of a number of rare species and their associated habitats. Close up photos showing the flowers and/or fruit, full plants, and habitat would be ideal. As we continue develop the on-line guide we will be seeking additional photos of other species as well.
- Boechera glareosa– Moffat County, flowers in May-June, could target for fruit this year.
- Delphiunium robustum– Robust larkspur- Saguache, Huerfano, Las Animas, and El Paso counties, flowers in July-Sept.
- Draba rectifructa– Mountain draba-Grand, Summit, Rio Blanco, Gunnison, Ouray, Mineral, and Teller counties, flowers in June (photograph fruit this year)
- Lepidium crenatum– Alkali pepperweed-Moffat, Rio Blanco, Mesa, Delta, Montrose, Montezuma counties, flowers in May –Sept.
- Physaria alpina– Avery Peak twinpod-Gunnison, Pitkin, Lake, and Park counties, flowers July-August
- Puccinellia parishii– bog alkaligrass-San Miguel, Dolores counties, flowers in June
If you have photos you would like to submit, or would like more information, please contact CNHP Senior Botanist Susan Spackman Panjabi. (Link takes you to our contacts page, scroll down to find Susan.)